Painting is one of the easiest ways to improve and increase the value of your home. If you’re concerned about the hassles of home painting, it doesn’t have to be that way. While a DIY job may seem more convenient and time efficient, the truth is if you lack the time and skill to paint yourself, you could end up making some long-term, irretrievable mistakes.
Professional painting contractors in Port Orchard, University Place, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, Fox Island, and nearby Washington areas have the staff to finish a project correctly, on time, and within the budget. When it comes to choosing between the two options, it isn’t even much of a choice! Hiring a pro is always better.
If you’re considering giving your home walls a new paint coat, bookmark this!
How to Find a Painting Contractor?!
It’s best to hire a local painting company because they understand the local climate and its impact on paint durability, ensuring a long-lasting finish.
You can ask for recommendations around your neighborhood and locality. Personal referrals are the best leads for finding a painting contractor. Also, look for freshly renovated or work-in-progress homes, as some painting contractors in Port Orchard, University Place, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, Fox Island, and surrounding Washington areas put name signs on the lawns of properties they’re working on. Remember to ask the homeowners if they’re satisfied with the service and would hire them for the second time, too.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Painting Contractor
Start with a plan: A detailed plan helps save time and money. Here are some components to consider during the planning,
- Type of project: Before hiring a painting contractor in Port Orchard, University Place, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, Fox Island, WA, figure out the kind of plan you’re interested in: Interior or exterior, as some companies have different crews to perform for different projects.
- In which season do you want the painting completed?: Exterior painting may only be available during spring and summer, depending on your location. Additionally, terrible weather conditions can push back the process.
- How many rooms?: The total number of rooms you’re willing to get painted will ultimately decide the cost as the painters arrive based on requirements.
- Paint Quality: Before you hire a painting contractor in Gig Harbor and Port Orchard, WA, decide whether you’re willing to splurge on the highest quality or are okay with the standard stuff.
- Vet your top referrals: Once you’ve narrowed down the top choices, you can reach out to your references(friends, family, or acquaintances who have previously remodeled or painted their homes). Doing this will help you make the correct decision and draft a rough estimate for the job. Here are some questions you can ask for references,
- Was the painting project completed on time?
- Were you satisfied with the quality of the work?
- Would you hire them again?
- Was the project well within the budget?
- Were the painting contractors professional and courteous?
- Interview potential contractors: You can consider this a consultation, but interviewing potential painting contractors is necessary during hiring. Here are a few questions to ask,
- How long have you been in the business?
- Which brand and type of paint do you use?
- How many coats of paint do you deliver?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- What are your payment expectations, and what is the cost of paint included in the estimate?
- Do you prefer the homeowners not to be present during the job?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured? If yes, then please provide the paperwork.
- Can you share a few references from similar projects?
- Who will work on the project? Employees or subcontractors.
- Determine your budget and get estimates in writing: The painting contractor company in University Place and Steilacoom, WA, usually sends a representative to your home to discuss the rooms and outdoor space to be painted. Then, the company will send an estimate in writing which should include,
- Contact details: Company name, address, telephone number, and website.
- Total cost, including taxes.
- Scope of the project: application process, areas of the project, and prep work.
- Paint details
- Start date and completion date.
- Terms and conditions
What to Expect from Your Painter?
Professional painting contractors in Port Orchard, University Place, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, Fox Island, and nearby areas in Washington do more than just roll paints on your wall. The ultimate perk of hiring an expert is to get the job done faster and more efficiently and to avoid your precious home looking like a mess after the job’s done.
Here are some tasks you can expect from an expert painter in Port Orchard, WA:
- Moving larger furniture for access to be painted.
- Coverage of all the excluded areas that are not supposed to be painted.
- Removal of electrical plates, doors, lights, and other obstacles.
- Surface preparation before the painting job, like prime coating, light sanding, scraping off loose paint, tapping in a few protruding nails, cleaning off the woodwork, wallpaper removals, hole filling, and waterproofing.
- Painting two coats on walls, ceilings, doors and windows, cabinets, mantels, bookshelves, and additional services like paneling and wainscoting.
- Wood trimming and molding, including crown molding, baseboard trim, and other types.
- Cleanup for accidents and final touch-up of any missed spots.
- Inspection with the homeowner.
Additionally, here are some basic etiquettes you can expect from your professional painter in Washington:
- A reliable, professional painting service like Tracy’s Quality Painting is always on time, avoids delays, and gets the job done right on time.
- With a reputed painter in Port Orchard, University Place, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, and Fox Island, WA, you won’t have to compromise safety. The contractors follow strict hygiene practices like wearing masks and sanitizing their hands, tools, and equipment.
- They adhere to social distancing or any unique safety measure the customer requests.
- While painting is messy, an experienced painter in University Place and Steilacoom, WA, will know how to keep your home clean before, during, and after painting.
- They ask questions and try to understand the colors, shades, or any special finish you want.
- Lastly, a credible painting contractor in Gig Harbor and Fox Island, WA, provides consultations and personalized services for a smoother experience.
Hire Professionals at Tracy Quality Painting.
The only way to guarantee your home looks stunning is to hire a reputed, credible painting contractor like Tracy’s Quality Painting.
Since 1982, we’ve always hustled to ensure our customer’s satisfaction and choose the best products available for the job, always keeping their budget and time limits in mind. So, if you’ve been looking for the best painting contractor in Port Orchard, Gig Harbor, Fox Island, University Place, Tacoma, Steilacoom, and nearby Washington areas, we got you. We excel in exterior and interior painting projects, offering services to customers looking for commercial, residential, or contractual painting.
Our skilled and experienced painters are diligent, careful, and completely respectful of your home, office, or commercial building. They just know how to transform your property, one brushstroke at a time.
Even if you’re eager to paint your property, don’t be too hasty and make the wrong decision only to save a few extra bucks. Hiring a professional painting contractor in Port Orchard, University Place, Gig Harbor, Steilacoom, and Fox Island, WA, is far better than making some irreversible mistake that costs you a fortune in the long run.
If you hire Tracy’s Quality Painting, you’ll thank yourself for hiring a company that is communicative, knowledgeable, experienced, reputable, and fair in terms of pricing.
We already have two “House of the Year” awards. Contact our team today for a quote; the third one could be yours!